Ideal weight for 6 ft 11 inches 70 years old female
Ideal Weight Calculator - English System
This calculator computes appropriately your ideal or healthy weight based on BMI information. It also shows results using other (outdated) methods. This calculator applies for people of more than 16 years old men or women.
Other methods to calculate IBW
There are many ways (formulas) to calculate the ideal weight. Here are other values based in other methods. Notice that the majority of websites uses one of the methos below. These formulas are somewhat outdated and should, possibily, be avoided, except in some particular cases. So, it is better to use the BMI based values above.
According to the formula of Devine (1974)
103.1 kilograms or 227.2 pounds.Formulas:
- Man: IBW = 50 + 2.3(h - 60)
- Woman: IBW = 45.5 + 2.3(h - 60)
Note 2: height is in inches.
According to the formula of Lorentz (1929)
95.8 kilograms or 211.1 pounds.Formulas:
- For men: IBW = (h − 100) − ((h − 150)/4)
- For women: IBW = (h − 100) − ((h − 150)/2)
According to the formula of Lorentz (accounting for age)
77.8 kilograms or 171.4 pounds.Formula:
- IBW = 50 + (h - 150)/4 + (a - 20)/4
According to the formula of Peck's (1974)
93.8 kilograms or 206.9 pounds.Formulas:
- Man (18 more than years old): IBW = -130.736 + (4.064 * h)
- Woman (18 more than 18 years old): IBW = -111.621 + (3.636 * h)
- Boy (18 years old or less): IBW = -59.6035 + (5.2878 * h) - (0.123939 * h2) + (0.00128936 * h3)
- Girl (18 years old or less): IBW = -77.55796 + (6.93728 * h) - (0.171703 * h2) + (0.001726 * h3)
How to use the Ideal Weight CalculatorIt’s simple. You just need to enter your details in our calculator above and then click ‘Calculate Your Ideal Weight’. Your Ideal Weight, as well as, a detailed explanation will appear automatically.
Important note on Ideal body weight web tools
This calculator does not provide medical advice. BMI is just one of many indicators of body fatness. So, once this tool is based on BMI calculations, it has the same BMI limitations. Do not use this tool form computing ideal weight for children. Any questions about weight loss or changes to your diet should be discussed with your nutritionist or medical adviser for a more personalized estimation. Don't try to loose weight fast by yourself. If you think you are underweight, obese or underweight, you should try our BMI Calculator. There, you will get more information about how should you weigh for your height.